“In the End, you should only Measure and Look at the Numbers that Drive Action, meaning that the Data tells you What you should Do Next” - Alex Peiniger
The ability to listen and comprehend the stories that Data has to tell you is no less than a valuable talent in contemporary times. In most cases, Data is found in a highly unrefined, unstructured and complicated form.
It takes the ability of Data Analysts to convert this non-usable mass of information into usable, exploitable and understandable entity. Thus, the skills of a Data Analytics expert is one of the highly sought after career choices in current times.
As you pursue these skills, certain texts and books can act as your reliable companions by helping you acquire a better grip over the Data Analytics subject matter.
Keeping this in mind, we have come with this carefully curated list of some of the Best Data Analytics Books, which you should definitely lay your hands on if you are looking to enter this field.
Want to know about what skills should you acquire as a Data Scientist?; read our blog on “Top Data Analyst Skills You Need to Know”
In this blog, we shall look 10 Best Books on Data Analytics. The list shall include Data Analytics Books for Beginners as well as Books on Data Analytics for the intermediate and the advanced level.
Top 10 Data Analytics Books
Data Analytics Made Accessible
- Author: Dr. Anil Maheshwari
- Browse through any article on Books on Data Analytics and you shall definitely find the name of this book. It is considered to be one of the best Data Analytics Books for Beginners.
- The wealth of information and the easy-to-follow narrative of the book, has led many universities to adopt it as their formal textbook.
- The USP of the book is its reliance on real-world examples instead of hypothetical situations for explaining key Data Analytics concepts.
- The layout of the book is well organized and structured, as would be like a semester long college course.
- As an extremely useful Data Analytics Books, it provides for brainstorming case study exercises as well as review questions.
- Moreover, the text also offers Python and R Data Mining tutorials for beginners.
- The book was last updated in 2021 and covers some of the highly significant and relevant topics like Big Data, Career in Data Science, Data Privacy, Artificial Intelligence and so on.
Big Data: A Revolution That will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think
- Author: Viktor Mayer-Schönberger and Kenneth Cukier
- This text is one of the highly recommended Books on Big Data Analytics.
- The book goes beyond the business realm and takes a very practical approach in arguing that Big Data has revolutionized the life of the entire human species.
- The author adopts a very pragmatic path in making his point on how Big Data can be optimally exploited for bettering the quality of human life in general.
- Instead of most Books on Data Analytics which focus on the technical aspects of quantifying and measuring data; this book largely emphasis on the definition of Big Data, its characteristics, the value it holds for the future as well as the way in which it would possibly change the Data Management process.
If you are someone seeking to make your way through the Data Analytics field; read our blog on “How to become a Big Data Analyst?: Come Find the Answers”
Too Big to Ignore: The Business Case for Big Data
- Author: P. Simon
- This is another of the classic books on Big Data Analytics.
- The author makes use of real life instances in order to depict the usage of Big Data by local governments and companies. For instance, the Boston Government took up the cause of fixing potholes on the basis of data fed by residents of the city in their smartphones.
- As the name of the book suggests, the text is a must read for all those denying the advantages of Big Data as well as those who are completely blown away by the merits of Big Data.
- The author has stressed in unequivocal terms that it has become indispensable for business organizations to factor in the aspect of Big Data. It is not simply a chance innovation, but in fact has evolved as a significant manner in which business is being conducted.