“Suggesting that IT Security issues can be dealt with simply by drafting and implementing a Security Policy is like saying that Speeding Drivers won’t be a Problem if we introduce Speed Limits” - Reflex Magnetics
The Cyber Security field is marked by acute shortage of experts, practitioners and professionals and the number is expected to reflect in the approximately 3 million job vacancies within the domain. Moreover, the spiralling demand for Cyber experts is not being able to be met with an equally spiralling supply of skilled individuals, even in the face of the fact that Cyber Security is a highly lucrative field and tends to pay approximately 15% more on average. If you are able to acquire the right skills and competencies, you can certainly make it big within the domain. So what are some of the Entry-Level Cyber Security Jobs that you can aim for? What are these Cyber Security Jobs Entry-Level Salary? Let us answer these questions.
In this blog, we shall look at the list of some of the most popular and highest paying Entry-Level Cyber Security Jobs. This would include some of the best Entry-Level Cyber Security Jobs in terms of their demand and remuneration package offered. Consequently, we shall try to make sense of the Entry-Level Cyber Security Jobs Salary, specific to the designations highlighted below.
So what are the best Entry-Level Cyber Security Jobs? Let us have a look.
Junior Security Analyst
- The primary responsibility of Junior Security Analysts is to analyze systems in order to detect potential flaws, weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
- As one of the prominent Cyber Security Entry Level Jobs position; Junior Security Analysts have to perform data maintenance, system monitoring, risk analysis as well as execution of tests.
- Once data is collected, Security Analysts seek to explore the same in order to detect any kind of suspicious activity in networks, databases, servers or proprietary software. Moreover, if a breach does occur, they seek to mitigate the impact and prevent future attack.
- Junior Security Analysts are often tasked with the responsibility of preparing reports for senior analysts and executives, who then take decisions on the basis of those reports.
- It is considered to be one of the Entry-Level Cyber Security Jobs, because incumbents for this position often only require a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. However, for most companies, it might be important for you to have some amount of work experience in systems administration.
- From the position of a Junior Security Analyst as one of the jobs in Cyber Security entry-level, you can be promoted to a managerial role wherein you happen to supervise a team of junior analysts.
- Entry-Level Cyber Security Jobs Salary for Junior Security Analysts - $60,000 per year (approx.)
Source Code Auditor
- As the name suggests, this is one of those entry-level jobs in Cyber Security, which directly deals with safeguarding an organization’s codebase. Thus, these individuals scrutinize the firm’s codebase in order to detect bugs and syntax errors.
- In case of data breach or leakage, they work with legal teams to investigate the case.
- They are responsible for reviewing company protocols, conducting penetration tests as well as implementing solutions for optimizing code behavior.
- It is considered to be one of the Entry-Level positions, because incumbents for this position often only require an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- From the given Cyber Security Jobs Entry Level position, you can be promoted to Systems Analysis roles or designations specializing in Penetration Testing.
- Cyber Security Jobs Entry Level Salary for Source Code Auditors - $71,000 per year (approx.)
- This is one of the highest-paying entry-level Cyber Security jobs wherein the individuals have to shoulder the responsibility of employee identification databases and automated security systems of an organization.
- Since Security Specialists are primarily responsible for securing data against unwarranted access; they assist senior management in formulating guidelines for company’s security policies as well as in the process of onboarding new employees securely.
- As one of the predominant entry-level Cyber Security Jobs, in this capacity you will be responsible for: investigating new security risks, instituting and maintaining antivirus software like firewalls, putting forth recommendations for security weaknesses as well as executing security training.
- Security Specialists are in high demand in industries like defense contracting, financial services, aerospace, higher education, energy and utilities and so on.
- From the given position, they can be promoted to team leaders or cross-departmental communicators.
- Entry-Level Cyber Security Jobs Salary for Junior Security Analysts - $97,000 per year (approx.)
Junior Penetration Tester
- This is perhaps one of the most thrilling and trendy Entry-Level Jobs in Cyber Security.
- In the job role of a Junior Penetration Tester, the individual is responsible for assisting senior Ethical Hackers in detecting potential cyber flaws and vulnerabilities of an organization, before they are exploited by malicious/black hat hackers. Thus, as white hat hackers, you shall be responsible for breaching the computer network of the organization, only that you do so with the permission of the company.
- As one of the prominent Entry-Level Cyber Security Jobs, incumbents of this position are expected to undertake certain crucial responsibilities, like: physical assessment of hardware, conducting penetration tests, writing scripts for automation of the testing process, wireless assessment of wi-fi systems, overseeing social engineering exercises, phishing assessment for end-users, creation of reports post test execution and so on.
- Junior Penetration Testers can enter the field, right after the completion of their bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security or IT. However, it will be important for them to have some amount of coding skills as well as understanding of network protocols and operating systems.
- From the given position, they can be promoted to the position of Information Security Manager.
- Cyber Security Jobs Entry Level Salary for Junior Penetration Testers - $86,000 per year (approx.)
Information Security Analyst
- This is one of the best Entry Level Cyber Security Jobs, wherein individuals have the responsibility of disaster response plan for their organizations.
- Information Security Analysts are responsible for safeguarding organization’s data through security planning, network monitoring for security breaches, risk assessment, developing security protocols, documenting and reporting security lapses as well as researching security trends.
- They also conduct penetration testing, along with analyzing end-user feedback for continually improving the system.
- ISAs are required to have a background in Computer Science and knowledge of networks and IT systems. It is expected that you should have an understanding of control frameworks like patch management, antivirus, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPS), vulnerability scanning tools, and so on.
- From the given position, they can be promoted to the position of Information Security Manager.
- Entry-Level Cyber Security Jobs Salary for Junior Security Analysts - $100,000 per year (approx.)
- This is one of those jobs in Cyber Security entry-level, which falls under the overarching category of Crime Investigator. As the name suggests, these experts are responsible for investigating cybercrimes such as identity theft, data hacks and so on.
- Forensic experts shoulder the responsibility of network tracing and analysis, evidence collection as well as data retrieval from different data sources. In cases of device damage, these experts are responsible for investigating concerned parties in the event of a mishap.
- Digital Forensic Experts are responsible for certain concrete responsibilities like: collection and analysis of digital evidence, performing data recovery from damaged or erased hard drives, maintaining chain of custody, dispensing expert testimony in court proceedings, as well as helping law enforcement agencies in investigations.
- This is not one of those Entry Level Cyber Security Jobs with no experience. In fact, incumbents for this position require at least one to three years of experience in forensics.
- From the position of Forensic Experts, individuals can be promoted to supervisory roles overseeing quality management and regional labs.
- Cyber Security Jobs Entry Level Salary for Forensic Experts - $75,000 per year (approx.)
- Incumbents of this entry-level Cyber Security job position, are responsible for making use of digital forensics for investigating security breaches and other such digital mishaps.
- Incident Responders are liable for undertaking certain specific responsibilities like risk assessment, system analysis, automation testing and threat identification. They are also required to draw up detailed reports for the executives and even convey the conclusions to those from non-technical backgrounds.
- These individuals are required to have 2-3 years of work experience in digital forensics or data security.
- Entry-Level Cyber Security Jobs Salary for Incident Responders - $75,000 per year (approx.)
- This is one of the best entry-level Cyber Security Jobs, in terms of offering remarkable opportunities for career growth.
- To audit is to scrutinize the present state of something and Security Auditors are responsible for making sure that the security protocols of an organizations are in line with the policies drafted by the Government.
- In order to accomplish the above task, they devise tests which help in detecting non-compliance. On the basis of the results of the test, they come up with recommendations for improving the security of the system.
- Additionally, this is one of those jobs in Cyber Security entry level wherein individuals are also required to detect flaws and vulnerabilities in internal systems. Consequently, they conduct penetration testing as well as document and communicate the results to relevant stakeholders.
- This is definitely one of the attractive entry level Cyber Security Jobs with no experience as opportunities for fresh Computer Science graduates do exist in non-profit industries and Government.
- From the position of Security Auditors, individuals can be promoted to positions of Information Security Managers.
- Cyber Security Jobs Entry Level Salary for Security Auditors - $84,000 per year (approx.)
- This is one of the highest paying entry level Cyber Security jobs. Just like an architect is responsible for building and making things; a Security Architect is responsible for setting the vision of an organization’s security system.
- Apart from designing and executing security protocols, they also conduct security testing as well as threat research.
- This is one of those Entry level jobs in Cyber Security wherein, the incumbents are required to build and maintain security networks, ensure coordination on security operations across departments, prepare security budgets as well as strive for improving systems in the aftermath of security mishaps.
- This is not one of those Entry Level Cyber Security Jobs with no experience. In fact, incumbents for this position require at least three to five years of relevant experience, with three years of experience explicitly in security.
- From the position of Security Architects, individuals can be promoted to managerial positions in network security.
- Entry-Level Cyber Security Jobs Salary for Security Architects - $154,000 per year (approx.)
IT Support Technician
- This is perhaps one of the most crowded Entry level Cyber Security jobs as it helps individuals to set their feet firmly within an organization and cultivate their technical skills, before they are fully capable of taking upon added responsibilities in the capacity of security personnel.
- The contribution of IT Support Technicians can be understood at two different levels. At one level, they help in detecting and resolving technical problems as well as ensuring the maintenance of computer systems.
- At another level, these individuals are an integral part of customer service and provide assistance to customers for troubleshooting IT issues and repairing technological equipment.
- This is one of those Cyber Security Entry Level Jobs, wherein the incumbents are responsible for the installation and setting of computer systems, networks, hardware and others; for the regular presentation of reports to higher management, for informing customers on IT services and products; for providing technical support as well as for setting up accounts and testing new technology.
- This is definitely one of the most popular Entry level Cyber Security jobs with no experience. These personnel generally have a background in customer support and some level of IT education. It is important to have good communication skills as well we be aware of common IT issues.
- Most commonly, IT Support Technicians can climb the ladder higher to become System, Database or Network Administrators.
- Cyber Security Jobs Entry Level Salary for IT Support Technicians - $56,000 per year (approx.)
Career opportunities within the field of Cyber Security are immensely vast. Different individuals, with differing skills and propensities can contribute in different ways to the field of Cyber Security. Within the field itself, there happen to be a hierarchy of positions with considerable opportunities available for individuals to advance steadily from beginner to senior positions. Thus, it is evident that if you are able to land up with one of the Entry Level Cyber Security Jobs and is able to make concerted effort in the right direction, you will certainly be able to make it to the top.
Bootcamps have emerged as an attractive avenue for preparing you for different Cyber Security Entry Level Jobs. The help you cultivate necessary skills, acquire relevant certifications and be job ready. Syntax Technologies is one of those top-notched bootcamps which offers you state-of-the-art facilities in bringing to you unparalleled Cyber Security training. Read more about our Cyber Security course.