“People today really Value workplace Flexibility and Remote Work because it allows them to Focus their Energies on Work and Life as Opposed to Commuting” - George Penn
Remote working is seen as one of the most attractive means which not only offers a greater sense of flexibility to employees, but is also somehow believed to aid in maintaining the work-life balance. The Work From Anywhere (#WFA) movement might have started years ago; however, it was the Covid pandemic which somehow showcased the possibility of working remotely and still being assured of a steady paycheck.
It is evident that a remote job has immense future prospects; however, where can you go to find these best remote jobs. Your first resort can be some of the best job sites for remote work. These remote job sites can help land you with your dream job, with the added advantage of the possibility of working remotely.
Thus, there are innumerable remote job opportunities; the answer lies in getting hold of the right remote job boards which help to connect you with the best of remote companies.
Work-from-home vs. Telecommuting vs. Remote Working
Remote work is actually an umbrella term which includes the work-from-home model as well as the telecommuting model. Work-from-home simply would cover jobs which involves working right from one’s homes.
Telecommuting refers to the ability to work from any location outside of a traditional office setting, such as a coffee shop or coworking space. A clear example of telecommuting is the hybrid model.
Remote working refers to the ability to work from any location, regardless of whether it is a home office, coworking space, or even a different country. Thus, it covers both the above forms of work model.
In this blog, we shall look at 15 best job search sites for finding remote jobs. While the list can be quite exhaustive as there happen to be innumerable remote job sites; however, we have sought to include some of the most laudable remote job websites.
Pros of Remote Jobs
1. Increased Productivity: Remote working allows for employees to be more invested in their work, as well as increase focus on the tasks at hand with fewer distractions.
2. Flexibility: One of the key benefits of remote jobs is that it provides employees with a greater degree of flexibility, such as being able to choose when and where to work.
3. Cost Savings: By not having to commute and pay for gas or transportation costs, remote workers are able to save both time and money.
4. Reduced Stress Levels: Working from home can help reduce stress levels since they’re no longer worrying about commuting during rush hour traffic or dealing with office politics.
5. Remote jobs help provide for improved work/life balance
Cons of Remote Jobs
- Isolation: Without the regular face-to-face interaction with colleagues, remote workers often feel isolated and disconnected from their team.
- Increased Distractions: Remote jobs can be incredibly distracting due to family members, pets, TV, etc., which can make it difficult for some to stay focused on their work duties.
- Lack of Structure: Remote jobs may lack structure as employees are able to set their own hours and decide when they want to take a break or go for lunch.
- Difficulty in Collaboration: It can be difficult for remote teams to collaborate effectively when working remotely since there is no physical contact with teammates.
- Technical Issues: Remote workers may experience technical issues.
15 Best Remote Work Sites
FlexJobs is one of the best remote job sites search engine. It focuses on offering flexible and remote job opportunities. The platform was founded in 2007 with the goal of helping individuals find professional and legitimate flexible work arrangements, such as part-time, freelance, and remote positions.
The USP of this remote work website is that it provides high-quality job opportunities that are screened by their team of researchers.This means that users can trust that the remote jobs listed on the site are legitimate and not scams. In addition, FlexJobs offers a variety of resources and tools for job seekers, such as resume reviews, career coaching, and job search advice.
The remote job board provides users the chance to search for jobs by location, job category, and company, and also to create job alerts to receive notifications about new job postings that match their search criteria. The site also offers a range of membership options, including a free trial membership and paid plans that offer access to additional job listings and resources.
Founded in 2013, remote.co is one of the best websites for remote work. It was founded with the aim of helping companies hire and manage remote teams, as well as helping individuals find remote work opportunities.
One of the main features of remote.co is its extensive database of remote job openings, which includes a wide range of industries and job categories. The site also offers a variety of resources for companies and individuals looking to hire or work remotely, including best practices for remote work, tools and software recommendations, and articles about the benefits of remote work.
Whether you're a developer, designer, writer, or marketer, you'll be able to find a position that matches your skills and experience. The platform also has a variety of filters and search tools to help you find the right job faster. In addition to its job database, JustRemote also offers a number of resources to help job seekers succeed in their job search. These include resume building tools, career advice articles, and a job application tracker.
Their “PowerSearch” feature helps you subscribe to new job openings as per your preference and accordingly keep your eye on new positions across the Internet.