“Some People will be Using Business Intelligence without even knowing it” - Kurt Schlegel
Big Data is not only the raging buzzword in contemporary times; it has emerged as the kingmaker. While making good use of Big Data can provide you with an extra competitive edge; not being able to utilize it can severely hamper your business interests. Business Intelligence involves the application of intelligence in analyzing data for the purpose of business improvement. Given so, it is logical to expect Business Intelligence Books crowding the racks of bookstores on a global scale. So, with so many Microsoft Business Intelligence Books out there, how do you decide which ones are helpful for you? Let us help you out with this.
In this blog, we shall look at a carefully curated list of 10 Best Business Intelligence Books. These books on Business Intelligence comprise of those at the basic, intermediate as well as the advanced level.
Top 10 Business Intelligence Books
Data Analytics for Beginners: Your Ultimate Guide to Learn and Master Data Analysis. Get your Business Intelligence Right – Accelerate Growth and Close More Sales
- Author: Victor Finch
- As the name itself suggests, this is one of the Best Business Intelligence Books for beginners.
- The book adopts a broad approach in emphasizing upon the adoption of digital data for ensuring the success of business.
- At a more technical level, the text offers useful suggestions on ways for maximising ROI through self-service Business Intelligence.
Data Strategy: How to Profit from a World of Big Data, Analytics and the Internet of Things
- Author: Bernard Marr
- The existing world is the world of Big Data and the Internet of Things and this book as one of the classic Business Intelligence Books, teaches you to pay close attention to the need of exploiting this staggering mass of data.
- The book is an eye-opener in terms of making its readers understand the sheer amount and the staggering quantum of data that is being generated through digital activities and the presence of the Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
- The text acts as a reality check in terms of stressing upon the failure of most business organizations to utilize even 1% of the data collected.
- It introduces you to concepts like data lakes and data pollution.
- As one of the best books on Business Intelligence, the book puts forth a strong case in favor of adopting and implementing Business Intelligence strategies in order to make best use of data available.
Performance Dashboards- Measuring, Monitoring, and Managing your Business
- Author: Wayne Eckerson
- When it comes to learning about business dashboards, this is one of the best Business Intelligence Books.
- The book teaches you everything right from the point of installation to the management of real-world business dashboards.
- It is one of those books on Business Intelligence which emphasizes on the technical side of incorporating BI software in the routine functioning of business. As such, it serves as a guidebook for business managers and technical operatives.
- Communication style happens to be an extremely important skill for data driven people and as such this text helps its readers to refine their communication strategy.
- The author does an excellent job in going beyond the regular explanation and even elaborates on ways that can be adopted in dealing with office politics which centres on self service BI tools.
- It is considered to be one of the best Business Analytics books too as it helps its readers in developing a decent understanding of the ways which could be adopted for sustaining an operational dashboard culture.